Friday 26 January 2018

surfacing for air, living quietly, and travelling around the world

Hello my followers. Greetings from the cave. I've been incognito for a while now, living quietly. I've hardly done any teaching, though some is coming up. One thing I have been doing is clarifying my ideas for paintings, for series I want to do, and for individual paintings as well. Many ideas, no studio.

thinking of some large landscapes,.....


Here is Barrie the closest thing to encouragement I have got from other artists is that studio space is very expensive, and I should find someone to share with.

I'm still looking, and may land somewhere further away than I had planned. Whatever happens, I will keep you informed.


               However, I am still life drawing, no matter what,....... I'll be drawing the figure/portrait.

WHERE DID www.ferraro-art.com go?

www.ferraro-art.com, my beloved website for about 20 years, is no more. With my move, I did not renew my yearly fee for my website, as the invoice went to my old e-mail address. Thus, unbeknownst to me, there is this whole process a company goes through when someone doesn't renew their web address. It's a ridiculous game of monopoly that favours other it companies. Thus a company, (to which I am not allowed to know the name of) could purchase my web address, as soon as it goes back on the market. I tried to as well, but I am no techy.

This company bought my web address for $9.95 usd, and now wants to sell it back to me for $500.00 usd. I won't do it, just based on the principal of the big guy, taking advantage of the little guy. Rip-off! I'm telling you so it doesn't happen to others! The enemy is a company from Massachusetts, called sedo. They are an intermediary, who is selling my web address on behalf of whomever bought it.

For the time being, I won't have a website, but will list workshops here, and if you have a question, or want to be in touch please e-mail me at marg.ferraro@gmail.com.
I'll be just a pulse, for a while, can't say how long, I don't have it all planned out.

In the meantime, I'll be back in Ottawa Feb. 10-March 5th, so stay tuned for possible workshops then.

Painting Peru FULL! waiting list: marg.ferraro@gmail.com




My next travelling and painting trip is to Peru this coming June. The trip filled very quickly, but please be in touch if you'd like to come to Peru with me another time. For this years trip itinerary, just for interest sake, click here: https://t.e2ma.net/webview/z7vjgd/8132b9dc693c92d7b54b6a486283f0bb

Travelling the world, ......
                                          from the comfort of a table in the laundry room,....I have been creating, and dreaming about our miracle of existence on this beautiful planet. Just some thoughts:


I guess any animal you are not used to seeing seems magical. These camels are so darn tall! Camel rides being offered on our hiking trip in the Atlas Mountains, Morocco. 


watercolour underpainting, with pastel done in our kayak while dave fishes, this past summer. This is Carthew Bay, just south of Orillia.


From the bottom of the Ocean,....


                                                     To the serene skies of Costa Rica, .....


from quiet street in Italy, 


to the gentle breezes of San Jose

There's quite a bit more, but you get the idea. Quietly busy. More to come! Stay tuned for the announcement of my next international painting trip, 2 Ferraro workshops at a national pastel conference, and more. 

Margaret Ferraro Artist

blogging at www.margaretferraro.blogspot.com and e-mailing at marg.ferraro@gmail.com 






No comments:

Post a Comment