Tuesday 27 January 2015

Busy 24 hours—Random Meanderings and no art


I decided to take it easy for a while, and got into all sorts of things yesterday and today. Last night, a bunch of us went to a community dinner of typical Costa Rican food, accompanied by some local talent, a 4-some of guitars. This is the happening centre of Mountain life here in San Gerardo. Kind of like the idea of these mountain men getting together to practise, probably ll their lives, and playing for weddings, and many community events. They all sang too. We has Plantain, ceviche, rice and beans of course, and two types of empinadas. All delicious. 



It was an easy walk from my house, and after dinner, some of the volunteers from Cloudbridge (I have mentioned Cloudbridge in an earlier post), found a transparent frog outside, so that’s my first photo. If you look at it from certain angles, you can see all it’s innards. It’s about one inch long, sweet! Just a little green, otherwise-it’s see-through! You can’t really tell in the photo but it was cool. Check it out:



This morning I was up early for a good long hike. It was awesome. Waterfalls, absolutely wonderful vistas of light coming over mountain tops, A lone WHITE horse, walking around on its own. What I love about exploring around here is the air quality. It’s just balmy all the time, not dry, not too wet (although Costa Rica does have a rainy season, it’s not now). Just pleasant and lovely most of the time. I try to get my walks down before the real heat happens. This old bod just can’t cope. Heat Rash! 
Back home, there’s coffee, rest, and putting my 5 day art challenge together on face book.

Today we checked out the Trout farm next door to me. This would never exist in Canada, but how sweet! They syphoned off water from my river/waterfall, into a canal/pond system, one bleeding into another. In these ponds are fish, and you can either fish yourself, or have them catch something for you. Cooked right there. It’s quite charming and beautiful, little hand made bridges where you can travel from one pond to the other. Check out my photos:






Miss you Canada! (I can’t believe I’m saying that!) Only 5 more days here, and I’ll be teaching my class. Still many exciting things left to do. Hi Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment