Monday 1 December 2014

After the show,................Bleary eyed, but surfacing

Last Friday and Saturday, I hosted the first art show I have had in years. People started to arrive about 20 minutes early, and we went strong to the wee hours.  Thank you to all who came out, and to everyone who helped me here and behind the scenes too. You know who you are!


Forgot to take pics as it got too busy so thanks to Ken for the I-phone shots.
 I find teaching Art very natural and easy. To sell my work, especially after such a long hiatus, was a little more difficult for me. I forgot what it was like to receive response to your work, such an important part of the whole process. The purpose and satisfaction I get to experience in teaching is also experienced when you share your art with others. I had forgotten what that was like. 
To come together with the friends I've made over the last 21 years living here, with all my artwork, music, laughter and connection. What more could one ask for? 
Thanks to Genevieve for the terrific chocolate shortbread, to Jivka for the cake, Ken and Uschi for the chocolates, and to everyone for your good wishes and support.  


Here is Enes, a local musical prodigy who provided us with the most magical environs in which to experience and talk about art, as well as just enjoying each others' company. Thank you SO much Enes, and I would love to have you back another time. You have inspired me!

I have SO enjoyed contacting all my students and friends over the past few weeks, and really love seeing you all and catching up. So if I haven't seen YOU yet, I look forward to YOUR visit! 



The show continues on! This coming Saturday Dec 6th, from 1-4 pm., and then again the following Saturday Dec 13 from 1-4 pm., or anytime you want! Just contact me for an appointment when it is convenient for you. I am around! Here's the pertinent info,:
Margaret Ferraro Art, 113 Terraview Drive, Ottawa
E-mail: margferraro@xplornet.ca or phone 613 839-5241


No comments:

Post a Comment