Friday 14 November 2014

TEAM SOLANGE : Little Bird, under wing, then ready to fly,...air currents in favourable direction,...soaring a possibility

 

 Supporting the true nature of your children

 
Little Squirt, pastel 9" X 12"
 
Here's a painting of my darling daughter Solange, now all grown up and living in down town Toronto. Quite the cutie as a little child, the word precocious comes to mind. Solange has always had big plans that never phased her. At the age of -maybe 6?- She came in the house, and ordered me to start plans for a building that would house her palientology museum. It's just one example.
She's at Ryerson University now, studying film, and absolutely loves her program. . From the time Solange was very young, we all knew she was a woman of the world. No boundaries.
Here's something I have wanted to say to parents out there loud and clear, something I have definite opinions on.
It's about supporting our children to make their own decisions and build their own lives. I have always supported whatever decisions both of my daughters made, knowing it is their sacred choice to mould their own life. It's by supporting their own ability to make good decisions, and by respecting their right to be an individual with their own unique visions of life, that we truly guide our children.
Let's put our own beliefs in our children right out front, and support whatever it is they decide to do.
It is with this principle in mind that I now execute Team Solange. This is where I gather all believers and we come together to support, encourage and help make happen, the dreams of one creative bird. That's my daughter, Solange.
My first Team Solange event is a sale of fine art in my home/studio, where I have taught for the last 17 years.
What will be for sale are items from my Art Gallery that I owned many years ago in Belleville. All this work has been sitting in my basement for many years, and I am now letting go. To get an idea of what's for sale, go to the post dated Nov. 14, Ferraro fine Crafts revisited.

hand turned wooden goblets, all exotic rare woods, by Andre Martel

Pottery by many well known Canadian artists

handmade jewellery and more,...

Also for sale at the same time will be a plethlora of my unframed pastel, studies, done while teaching, as demos, or just in studio. Since I've been doing this for 17 years, you can imagine, I have quite a lot of work!! These will all be sold at rock bottom prices, so this is quite the opportunity to purchase one of my pastels, starting at $75.00. Many pieces at $100.00, and a few above that price.

Pastel study, en plein air near my house

7 Trees in my field

I'll also be exhibiting my latest oils as well.
16 X 20 oil, plein air in the neighbourhood

The dates for the exhibition are Friday Nov. 28th, 6-9 pm., Saturday Nov. 29nth, 1-4 pm., and Dec. 6 and 13, from 1-4 pm. If you can't make these dates, please contact me for a private viewing. Hope to see all my neighbours, friends, students, acquaintances. It's a great way for me to see everyone, and show my gratitude for being part of this great community.
To contact me for a private viewing, just e-mail margferraro@xplornet.ca or call 613 839-5241

No comments:

Post a Comment