Tuesday 19 November 2013

Essential life drawing

Of all the creative things I do, life drawing is the one thing, I am most passionate about. It's the time I totally forget about life, and dive down the vortex of concentration, relaxation, beauty and truth. I am a life drawing addict. When I am away from it for too long, I am lost, off center. It's one of the gifts artists can give themselves, and the greatest training one can do to advance your skills of drawing, observing, composing. This young lady was a model recently while life drawing. She is crazy tall, and whenever she does a standing pose, I study her head and face. I find her to have a vulnerable aura about her, and she has a classic face, like a greek goddess.
This was a 30 minute pose. Having finite time helps you make good use of the time that you do have. What's most important here, to get done in 30 minutes or less? This woman I am sure is over 6 feet tall. I call this, Standing tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment