Saturday 17 September 2011

renos

It's a gorgeous September day. A little chilly, but sunny. But I am stuck at home. My house is being washed. Yes, that's right. It's been 18 years, and it has needed a wash for a long time. So I am cleaning inside, and preparing for my art classes to begin Monday, while the outside is washed by the pros.
More exciting things that happened this year is all the fix-ups and renovations I've done on my house. The painters who come here will be happy to know that I actually have a sink installed now. Believe it! Photos to prove it. We are moving up in the world.
Yesterday I drew from the model for the first time in a very long time. If I can advise anyone about developing their art, I would tell them to continue drawing at all times. You can't develop style wise or change when you are struggling with drawing. But it happens. It won't take me long to catch up though. Draw anything. People, landscapes, still life. Whatever is close and easy. I say that because I find it a good challenge to say I am preparing myself to be able to draw absolutely anything. But when you paint, paint from your passion, what you love, what excites you.

No comments:

Post a Comment